I am open to reviewing books, particularly ARCs, doing author interviews, and working with literary agencies to promote books/authors and organizing giveaways. I wanted to lay out my review policy here – firstly, to control the high volume of requests many of which were in genres that I wasn’t really interested in; secondly, to be clear about what you can understand and expect from me as a reviewer.
Genres that I am interested in:
- Literary fiction
- Graphic novels
- Historical fiction (particularly interested in the theme of WWII and the Holocaust)
- World literature
Genres that I will consider if the premise seems interesting:
- Science fiction/Dystopian
Genres that I almost will never consider:
- Mills and Boon type of romances/chick-lit
I accept book copies by post or in the following e-book formats:
Policy and guidelines:
- I will definitely disclose at the end of the review if I read the book as part of a review request, with attribution to the source.
- I write really honest reviews, which contain my own opinions and impressions. I gush over books that deserve it and I will be clear about the ones that don’t. At all times, I try to arrive at balanced assessments that include praise and criticism.
- I try to put up a review within a week or two after I finish the book while it’s still fresh in my mind. However, sometimes life can get in the way and there could be delays. But I can guarantee you that if you have sent me the book there will be a review. If the book turns out to be absolutely unreadable, which is so very rare but has happened, I will simply say so.
- I am really happy to hear from you! So, do write to me at the email I have given below. I respond to every review request after evaluating the book on offer.
Look forward to some great reading!
My email: firstname.lastname@example.org